New Work Permit
Through this service, employers can request for issuing a new work permit for their employees.
- Click here to login to the LMRA EMS system and start the process of applying for a new work permit.
- Print the application confirmation.
- Check the application status by:
- Logging to the EMS system and using the application ID.
- Visiting the Express Services section on LMRA’s website using the application ID, or the expat’s passport number or personal number.
- Calling LMRA’s Contact Centre on +973 17 506055 and giving the application ID to the service agents.
- After receiving the approval on the new work permit, pay the fees through the EMS system or visit one of accredited banks.
- Print the work permit from the EMS system.
- Take the print to the Immigration Office in order to get the work permit sticker.
|Required document||Special Considerations|
|Employee’s passport||Copy, the passport should have all the information and alterations or updates as well as the page that states the father or spouse’s name (for Indian, Pakistani and Bengali nationalities) and the page that contains the old passport number. The passport must be valid for at least 6 months, but it is highly recommended to have it valid for at least 2 years before applying.|
|For non-commercial institutions and non-governmental organisations: valid licence from the competent authority||Copy|
|For private sector: Latest paid electricity bill
|Employee ID card, if available||Copy|
|Offer letter or work contract template between the employer and the foreign employee (one or two pages max)||Copy
|Medical check-up report for the foreign employee, done in his/her home or current residence country (or the nearest place to it) showing that he/she is fit to work||Copy
|RP is required if the employee works in any of GCC or in non-home country.||Copy|
|Intention to transfer form (terminated Work Permit) from LMRA website||Copy
From Intention to transfer form (terminated Work Permit) for All in Bahrain with terminated Work permit
|Bangladesh Embassy Certificate||Original Bangladesh embassy certificate for all out of Bahrain Bangladeshi Employees valid for 6 months from issue date.|
|Approval letter/ no-objection certificate from the relevant authority for certain specialized occupations.||Copy|
|Extending the cancellation period of residence receipt issued from NPRA (Grace period).||Copy|
- In the case of an expat having a multiple entry permit, this permit must be cancelled prior to submitting the application (whether the expat is in Bahrain or Abroad).
- The employer must process the deportation of the foreign employee immediately, if the employee had failed to pass the required medical examination.
- In case the employee is in Bahrain and the employer wants to employ him, a passport copy should be attached with the application and should be the same as the passport that he entered the kingdom with (especially for people with more than one nationality).
- If the employee was in Bahrain previously and was issued a personal number, the same number must be used to apply for him/ her again when filling in the application form.
|Service Counter||Client Services Counter at LMRA’s Headquarters, first floor|
|Contact Centre||+973 1 750 6055|
Phone Service Hours: 7:30 AM – 7:00 PM
Last Update: Monday 14 May 2018