Work Permit Renewal
Through this service, employers can submit a request for renewing the employee work permit before it expires. In case the employee has dependents, their permits will be renewed simultaneously.
- Visit one of the accredited banks to apply for the permit renewal, or click here to apply for the service through the LMRA’s EMS system.
- If applied through the EMS system, fill in the required fields and pay the fees online. Your information and request will be validated immediately after the submission. If, everything is as per the regulations, your permit will be printed on the same day.
- Take the printed permit to the Immigration office to get the Residence Permit sticker.
- The applicant must be registered in the system as an authorised or responsible person with the authority on the respective CR or Unit.
- The employee must be present in the Kingdom at the time of submission and processing of the renewal application.
- The permit should be renewed before its expiry, otherwise, it cannot be renewed.
- Permits can be renewed for 6 months, 1 year or 2 years as per the business owner request, with the payment of (BD 50 for 6 months, BD 100 for 1 year permit and BD 200 for 2 years permit.)
- Dependents permits fees are BD 90 for renewal regardless of the primary expatriate work permit period.
- Renewal for 2 years can be done up to 6 months before the expiry date.
- Renewal for 1 year can be done up to 4 months before the expiry date.
- Renewal for 6 months can be done up to 4 months before the expiry date.
|Service Counter||Client Services Counter at LMRA’s Headquarters.|
|Contact Centre||+973 1 750 6055|
Service Counter Hours: 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Phone Service Hours: 7:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Last Update: Thursday 23 February 2017