Dependants Residency New Work Permit (wife/Husband/children)
Through this service, employers can request for the issuance of residence permits for their employees’ dependants.
- Click here to login to the LMRA EMS system and start the process of applying for a new residency permit for the employees’ dependants.
- Print the application confirmation.
- Check the application status by:
- Logging to the EMS system and using the application ID.
- Visiting the Express Services section on LMRA’s website using the application ID, or the expat’s passport number/ personal number.
- Calling LMRA’s Contact Centre on 17 50 6055 and giving the application ID to the service agents.
- After receiving the approval on the residency permits, pay the fees through the EMS system or visit one of the accredited banks.
- Print the permit from the EMS system and visit the immigration office to get the RP sticker.
|Required document||Special Considerations|
|Identity Card of the authorised applicant||Copy|
The passport should have all the information and alterations or updates, as well as the page that states the father or spouse’s name (where applicable). The passport must be valid for at least 6 months, but it is highly recommended to have it valid for at least 2 years before applying
|Dependants’ birth certificate (in Arabic or English)||Copy
Certificate should be ratified by the embassy of the employee’s country in Bahrain and by the Ministry of foreign affairs of Bahrain (MOFA)
|Passport of the employee wife/Husband||Copy|
|Dependants Identity Card, if available||Copy|
|Marriage certificate in Arabic or English||Copy
The certificate should be ratified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the employee’s country and the Embassy of the Kingdom of Bahrain in the employee’s country (applicable to Arab nationalities; this includes non-Arab nationals if the husband’s/Wife’s name in the husband’s/Wife’s passport is not mentioned) Excluding Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi passport Husband/Wife name must be written in the passport.
|For children accompanying their working mother/ Father: No objection letter from the dependent’s father/mother or divorce certificate and a statement proving the mother’s/ Father custody of the dependents or death certificate if the father/Mother is dead||Copy
The letter or certificate should be ratified by the employee’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Kingdom’s Embassy in native country, where applicable
|For private sector: Latest paid electricity bill
- The applicant must be registered in the system as an authorised or responsible person with the authority on the respective CR or Unit.
- The foreign employee’s monthly net income (as per the SIO registration) must be BD 400 or more.
- In case the employee’s family dependants are already in the Kingdom on a visit or any other type of permit, the permit must be valid for a period of not less than 7 working days upon submission of the application.
- In case the employee's dependants are over the age of 18 years, the procedure of issuing the residence permit and renewing it is done directly through the Nationality Passports and Residency Affairs (NPRA), depending on the conditions and regulations of the department.
- Dependants holding a previous personal number should fill in the same number in the personal number field when applying for the residency permit.
- For those born in Bahrain or those issued with a new passport in Bahrain, they should first open a new file (or update the data) at the Nationality Passports and Residency Affairs (NPRA). (The personal number of the new born is found on the birth certificate).
|Service Counter||Client Services Counter at LMRA’s Headquarters, first floor|
|Contact Centre||+973 1 750 6055|
Phone Service Hours: 7:30 AM – 7:00 PM
Last Update: Monday 14 May 2018