Temporary Work Permit
Through this service, employers can request for a temporary work permit of 6 months. This type of permit is basically provided for project based activities and is renewable for one additional term of 6 months.
- Request for a temporary ceiling increase through LMRA EMS system.
- Upload the required documents for the ceiling increase.
- Once the ceiling increase is approved, login to EMS and apply for a temporary work permit.
- Upload the required documents for the temporary work permit.
|Required document||Special Considerations|
|Documents Required for Ceiling Increase|
|Recent bank statement of the establishment||Copy|
|Latest electricity bill||Copy|
|Photos from the interior and the exterior of the establishment premises||Copy|
|Proof of work volume (example: awarded project's contracts supported with construction permits if the company is working in the construction sector, or invoices of imported products from outside Bahrain, supported by the customs invoices if the company is working in the retail import and export sector, or copies of vehicles ownership owned by the company if the company is working in the transport sector, or customs papers verifying the shipment of goods if the company is working in loading and unloading activities)||Copy|
|Documents Required for Issuing a Temporary Work Permit|
|Contract starting time||Copy|
- Occupation should be the same as stated in the ceiling approval.
|Service Counter||Client Services Counter at LMRA’s Headquarters, first floor|
|Contact Centre||+973 1 750 6055|
Service Counter Hours: 7:30 AM – 7:00 PM
Phone Service Hours: 7:30 AM – 3:00 PM
Last Update: Sunday 5 March 2017