Labour Market Indicators
2017 Q1 of end by 408 BD was sector private in workers Bahraini of wage Median
- Foreign workers employment reached 610,510 workers by the end of the first quarter of 2017. Foreign workers employment increased at an annual rate of 4.8% compared to 582,407 workers in the same quarter a year before.
- Bahraini employment reached 156,782 by the end of this quarter representing an annual growth rate of -2.5% compared to 160,883 workers in the first quarter of 2016.
- The number of new regular work permits issued by LMRA during the first quarter of 2017 was 46,098 at an annual growth rate of -8.1%.
- The share of small organizations, employing less than 10 workers, of regular work permits was 55.4% of total work permits issued during the first quarter of this year.
- The Median monthly wages for Bahrainis was BD 533 this quarter. It was BD 517 in the same quarter a year before representing an increase of 3.1% annually.
For more information: Bahrain Labour Market Indicator
Last Update: Thursday 20 April 2017