Labour Market Indicators
Bahraini employment at 157,261 workers by the end of second quarter 2017
- Foreign workers employment reached 606,357 workers by the end of the second quarter of 2017. Foreign workers employment decreased compared to last quarter although showing a 1.9% increase compared to 595,151 workers in the same quarter a year before.
- Bahraini employment was 157,261 by the end of the second quarter decreasing at an annual rate of -1.5% compared to 159,711 workers in the second quarter of 2016.
- The number of new regular work permits issued by LMRA during the second quarter of 2017 was 33,498 representing a decrease of -32.4% annually.
- The share of small organizations, employing less than 10 workers, of regular work permits was 49.4% of total work permits issued during the second quarter of this year.
- The Median monthly wages for Bahrainis was BD 528 this quarter. It was BD 517 in the same quarter a year before representing an increase of 2.1% annually.
For more information: Bahrain Labour Market Indicator
Last Update: Tuesday 17 October 2017