Labour Market Indicators
Employment reaches 748,047 workers by end of second quarter of 2019
- Foreign workers employment reached 594,944 workers by the end of the second quarter of 2019. Non-Bahraini employment decreased by 1.1% annually compared to 601,461 workers in the same quarter of last year.
- Bahraini employment reached 153,103 by the end of the second quarter decreasing at an annual rate of 3.6% compared to 158,814 workers in the second quarter of 2018. The decrease was due to the second phase of the voluntary retirement scheme which took effect during the second quarter of 2019.
- The number of new employment type work permits issued by LMRA during second quarter of this year was 37,570 representing a decrease at an annual rate of 5.0%.
- The share of small organizations, employing less than 10 workers, of employment work permits was 50.5% of total work permits issued during the second quarter of 2019.
- Median monthly wages for Bahrainis reached BD 532 this quarter. The Median wage was BD 538 in the same quarter a year before showing an annual rate of -1.1% this quarter.
For more information: Bahrain Labour Market Indicator
Last Update: Sunday 15 September 2019