Labour Market Indicators
51,567 employment visas issued during the last quarter of 2016
- Foreign workers employment increased to reach 630,071 workers by the end of the fourth quarter of 2016. The number represents an annual rate of 11.2% compared to 566,785 workers in the same quarter a year before.
- The number of employed Bahrainis by the end of this quarter reached 157,119 workers representing an annual growth rate of -0.8% compared to 158,328 workers in the fourth quarter in 2015.
- The number of new regular work permits issued by LMRA during the fourth quarter of 2016 was 51,561 increasing at an annual growth rate of 33.2%.
- The share of small organizations, employing less than 10 workers, of regular work permits was 55.2% of total work permits issued during the last quarter of this year.
- The Median monthly wages for Bahrainis remained BD 519 this quarter. It was BD 512 in the same quarter a year before representing an increase 1.4%.
For more information: Bahrain Labour Market Indicator
Last Update: Thursday 20 April 2017