Labour Market Indicators
Foreign employment at 612,452 workers by end of third quarter of 2016
- Foreign workers employment continued to increase to reach 612,452 workers by the end of the third quarter of 2016. The number represents an annual rate of 9.6% compared to 559,036 workers in the same quarter a year before.
- The number of employed Bahrainis by the end of this quarter reached 157,426 workers representing an annual growth rate of -0.5% compared to 158,182 workers in the third quarter in 2015.
- The number of new regular work permits issued by LMRA during the third quarter of 2016 was 50,466 at an annual growth rate of 54.5%.
- The share of small organizations, employing less than 10 workers, of regular work permits was 58.6% of total work permits issued during the third quarter of this year.
- The Median monthly wages for Bahrainis was at BD 519 compared to BD 513 in the same quarter a year before increasing at an annual rate of 1.2%.
For more information: Bahrain Labour Market Indicator
Last Update: Wednesday 15 March 2017