Labour Market Indicators
Bahraini employment reaches 158,814 workers by end of the second quarter of 2018
- Foreign workers employment was 600,857 workers by the end of the second quarter of 2018. Non-Bahraini employment decreased slightly by 0.9% annually compared to 606,357 workers in the same quarter of 2017. The decrease is a result to cleansing more than 13,000 domestic workers records during the second quarter of 2018.
- Bahraini employment reached 158,814 by the end of the second quarter increasing at an annual growth rate of 1.0% compared to 157,261 workers in the second quarter of last year.
- The number of new regular employment work permits issued by LMRA during the second quarter of this year was 39,566 showing an annual increase of 18.1%.
- The share of small organizations, employing less than 10 workers, of regular work permits was 50.5% of total work permits issued during the second quarter of 2018.
- The Median monthly wages for Bahrainis remained at BD 538 in Q2 of 2018. Median wage was BD 528 in the same quarter a year before showing an annual increase of 1.9% this quarter.
For more information: Bahrain Labour Market Indicator
Last Update: Wednesday 17 October 2018