Labour Market Indicators
Foreign employment reaches 595,151 workers by second quarter of 2016
- The total number of employed foreign workers increased by the end of the second quarter of 2016 to reach 595,151 workers. The number increased at an annual rate of 7.8% compared to 551,859 workers in the same quarter a year before.
- The number of employed Bahrainis this quarter reached 159,711 workers representing an annual growth rate of 0.8% compared to 158,437 workers in the same quarter in 2015.
- LMRA issued 49,538 new regular work permits during the second quarter of 2016 at an annual growth rate of 32.8%.
- The share of small organizations employing less than 10 workers of regular work permits was 53.3% of total work permits issued during the second quarter.
- The Median monthly wages for Bahrainis remained at BD 517 compared to BD 514 in the same quarter a year before increasing slightly at an annual rate of 0.6%.
For more information: Bahrain Labour Market Indicator
Last Update: Monday 3 October 2016