Labour Market Indicators
Total employment at 763,112 workers by end of fourth quarter of 2017
- Foreign workers employment reached 604,697 workers by the end of the last quarter of 2017. Non-Bahraini employment increased slightly compared to last quarter with a 4.0% annual decrease compared to 630,071 workers in the same quarter a year before.
- Bahraini employment reached 158,415 by the end of the fourth quarter increasing slightly and achieving an annual growth rate of 0.8% compared to 157,119 workers in the fourth quarter of 2016.
- The number of new regular employment work permits issued by LMRA during the fourth quarter of 2017 was 44,087 representing a decrease of 14.5% annually.
- The share of small organizations, employing less than 10 workers, of regular work permits was 42.7% of total work permits issued during the third quarter.
- The Median monthly wages for Bahrainis was BD 522 in the fourth quarter. Median wage was BD 519 in the same quarter a year before representing an annual increase of 0.6% this quarter.
For more information: Bahrain Labour Market Indicator
Last Update: Wednesday 18 April 2018