The Labour Market Regulatory Authority will conduct an Amnesty period from 1 July – 31 December 2015.Amnesty Form
During the Amnesty, workers of the following categories:
- Absent from work (Runaway).
- Terminated (overstay).
- Absent after termination (runaway after termination).
- Non-Renewed (Overstay).
Will be eligible to avail of the special procedures by either:
- Leaving Bahrain without penalty fines and with the possibility of returning at any time regardless of legal status (No black listing).
- Getting legal employment with a new employer without the consent of the previous employer and with removal of any offences that currently exist.
First: To use Amnesty to leave Bahrain without penalties and without black listing, simply get extension from the Immigration Authorities on your passport and travel.
Second: To use the Amnesty to get legal employment, please follow these steps:
- You should find a new employer.
- New employer should apply for new work permit Electronically (No need to obtain a grace period from NPRA (Immigration)).
- The worker should fill in and sign the Amnesty Form and provide it to the new employer.
- Employer will have to upload it with your new work permit application submitted Online through the LMRA Expatriate Management System.
- Do not pay anyone money to use the amnesty, it is free.
- Do not pay employers to apply for you, it is illegal.
For further Information contact the call center 17506055.
Last Update: Thursday 27 August 2015