New Work Permit
Through this service, employers can request for issuing a new work permit for their employees.
- Click here to login to the LMRA EMS system and start the process of applying for a new work permit.
- Print the application confirmation.
- Check the application status by:
- Logging to the EMS system and using the application ID.
- Visiting the Express Services section on LMRA’s website using the application ID, or the expat’s passport number or personal number.
- Calling LMRA’s Contact Centre on +973 17506055 and giving the application ID to the service agents.
- After receiving the approval on the new work permit, pay the fees through the EMS system or visit one of accredited banks.
- Print the work permit from the EMS system.
- Take the print to the Immigration Office in order to get the work permit sticker.
|Required document||Special Considerations|
|For non-commercial institutions and non-governmental organisations: valid licence from the competent authority||Copy|
|For private sector: Latest paid electricity bill
|Employee ID card, if available||Copy|
|Work contract template between the employer and the expatraite employee (one or two pages max)||Copy
|Medical check-up report for the foreign employee, done in his/her home or current residence country (or the nearest place to it) showing that he/she is fit to work||Copy
|RP is required if the employee works in any of GCC or in non-home country.||Copy|
|Intention to transfer form (terminated Work Permit) PDF (909 KB) from LMRA website||Copy
From Intention to transfer form (terminated Work Permit) for All in Bahrain with terminated Work permit
|Bangladesh Embassy Certificate||Original Bangladesh embassy certificate for all out of Bahrain Bangladeshi Employees valid for 6 months from issue date.|
|Approval letter/ no-objection certificate from the relevant authority for certain specialized occupations.||Copy|
|Extending the cancellation period of residence receipt issued from NPRA (Grace period).||Copy|
- In the case of an expat having a multiple entry permit, this permit must be cancelled prior to submitting the application (whether the expat is in Bahrain or Abroad).
- The employer must process the deportation of the foreign employee immediately, if the employee had failed to pass the required medical examination.
- In case the employee is in Bahrain and the employer wants to employ him, a passport copy should be attached with the application and should be the same as the passport that he entered the kingdom with (especially for people with more than one nationality).
- If the employee was in Bahrain previously and was issued a personal number, the same number must be used to apply for him/ her again when filling in the application form.
|Service Counter||Client Services Counter at LMRA’s Headquarters, first floor|
|Contact Centre||+973 17506055|
Phone Service Hours: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Last Update: Monday 17 August 2020