Work Permit Renewal
Through this service, employers can submit a request for renewing the employee work permit before it expires. In case the employee has dependents, their permits will be renewed simultaneously.
- Visit one of the accredited banks to apply for the permit renewal, or click here to apply for the service through the LMRA’s EMS system.
- If applied through the EMS system, fill in the required fields and pay the fees online. Your information and request will be validated immediately after the submission. If, everything is as per the regulations, your permit will be printed on the same day.
- Take the printed permit to the Immigration office to get the Residence Permit sticker.
- The applicant must be registered in the system as an authorised or responsible person with the authority on the respective CR or Unit.
- The employee must be present in the Kingdom at the time of submission and processing of the renewal application.
- The permit should be renewed before its expiry, otherwise, it cannot be renewed.
- Permits can be renewed for 6 months, 1 year or 2 years as per the business owner request, with the payment of (BHD 50 for 6 months, BHD 100 for 1 year permit and BHD 200 for 2 years permit.)
- Basic Health Care fees for work permit Renewal (BHD 36 for 6 months, BHD 72 for 1 year permit and BHD 144 for 2 years permit).
- Dependents permits fees are BHD 90 for renewal regardless of the primary expatriate work permit period.
- Renewal for 2 years can be done up to 6 months before the expiry date.
- Renewal for 1 year can be done up to 6 months before the expiry date.
- Renewal for 6 months can be done up to 5 months before the expiry date.
- Passport must be valid for at least two months.
|Service Counter||Client Services Counter at LMRA’s Headquarters.|
|Contact Centre||+973 17506055|
|Centre||Area||Day||Service Counter Hours|
|LMRA Front Offices||Manama||Sunday - Thursday||7:30 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Mina Salman (For Clearing offices)||Mina Salman||Sunday - Thursday||7:30 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Seef Mall (Al Muharraq)||Al Muharraq||Saturday - Thursday||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
Phone Service Hours: 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Last Update: Sunday 3 October 2021