Expatriate Employee Absence From Work Notification
Through this service, employers can notify LMRA if any of their employees has been absent from work for a period of 15 days or more without any justifiable reason.
- Download the Employee Absence from Work Notification in Violation of the Terms in the Work Permit (Except Domestic Employees) PDF(1.23 MB) form and fill in the required information.
- Visit the Client Services Counter at LMRA, and fill out the “Absent from Work” form. The form should be filled by the CR owner and the responsible or authorised person for the company, such as a human resources manager, holding an authorisation letter signed by the responsible person.
|Required document||Special Considerations|
|Applicant ID card||Copy|
|Employee ID card or proof of his CPR number or his passport||Copy|
|Proof of the employee last working days (attendance for the last 3 months)||Copy|
|Proof of salary payment (salary slip for the last 3 months)||Copy|
|Employment contract of the reported employee||Copy|
|Electricity bill (except for farms, sailors, vehicles, and stalls where it’s optional to submit it)||Copy|
- The work permit must be valid for at least 30 days.
- The establishment must be active.
- The establishment's CR (Commercial Register) must be valid.
- The employee must have been absent for 15 days or more without any justifiable reason or notice to the employer.
- The establishment should not have an offence registered at LMRA or any official entities.
- The reported employee will be recorded in the Bahrainisation record of the employer until he leaves the country or is being transferred to another employer.
- The reported employee is not allowed to be transferred to another employer or employed again to work with the same employer after formally approving the notification by the LMRA.
- The notice cannot be cancelled after one month of the submission date.
- If the expatriate runs away upon arrival at the airport you will need to first report it to the airport police station and attach proof of the runaway card.
|Service Counter||Client services directorate: Headquarters, Mina Salman, Seef Mall - Al Muharraq and Riffa - Buhair|
|Contact Centre||+973 17506055|
|Centre||Area||Day||Service Counter Hours|
|LMRA Front Offices||Manama||Sunday - Thursday||7:30 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Mina Salman (For Clearing offices)||Mina Salman||Sunday - Thursday||7:30 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Seef Mall - Al Muharraq||Al Muharraq||Saturday - Thursday||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Riffa - Buhair||Riffa - Buhair||Saturday - Thursday||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
Phone Service Hours: 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Last Update: Wednesday 15 June 2022