Labour Market Indicators
Foreign employment reaches 535,022 workers by end of last quarter of 2020
- Foreign workers employment decreased to 535,022 workers by the end of the fourth quarter of 2020. Non-Bahraini employment decreased by 9.7% annually compared to 592,233 workers in the same quarter the year before. The decrease was primarily due to slowdown in issuance of new work permits, and the termination and cleansing of expired Domestic work permits.
- Bahraini employment reached 152,678 workers by the end of the fourth quarter decreasing at an annual rate of 0.7% compared to 153,708 workers in the fourth quarter of 2019.
- The number of new employment work permits issued by LMRA during last quarter of 2020 was 35,030 decreasing at an annual rate of 19.6%.
- The share of small organizations, employing less than 10 workers, of employment work permits was 48.7% of total work permits issued during the last quarter.
- Median monthly wages for Bahrainis reached BHD 545 this quarter. The Median wage of Bahrainis was BHD 528 in the same quarter a year before showing increase at the rate of 3.2%.
For more information: Bahrain Labour Market Indicator
Last Update: Tuesday 6 April 2021