Labour Market Indicators
Foreign employment reaches 531,447 workers by end of first quarter of 2021
- Foreign workers employment reached 531,447 workers by the end of the first quarter of 2021. Non-Bahraini employment decreased by 9.4% annually compared to 586,874 workers in the same quarter last year.
- Bahraini employment was 153,757 workers by the end of the first quarter decreasing at an annual rate of 1.9% compared to 156,746 workers in the first quarter of 2020.
- The number of new employment work permits issued by LMRA during first quarter of 2021 was 36,732 decreasing at an annual rate of 10.6%.
- The share of small organizations, employing less than 10 workers, of employment work permits was 47.7% of total work permits issued during the first quarter of 2021.
- Median monthly wages for Bahrainis reached BD 556 this quarter. The Median wage of Bahrainis was BD 539 in the same quarter a year before showing increase at the rate of 3.2%.
For more information: Bahrain Labour Market Indicator
Last Update: Tuesday 6 July 2021