What is the Flexi Permit?
A permit allowing you to live freely in the Kingdom of Bahrain and work in any non-specialized occupation without a sponsor for a renewable period of one or two years.
What are the advantages of a Flexi Permit?
- You can work on your own or with any employer on a contractual basis for any period you wish.
- You can work with more than one employer at the same time either full time or part time.
- It grants you the freedom to travel and return as long as your residence permit is valid.
- You will have a residency according to the period of the permit, plus a multiple travel visa.
What are the Flexi Permit types?
- Flexi Permit – This permit enables the holder to work in any non-specialized jobs and is not allowed to work in Restaurants, Salons and Hotels.
- Flexi Hospitality Permit – This permit enables the holder to work in any non-specialized jobs and is allowed to work in Restaurants, Salons and Hotels (Requires a special medical test).
Who is eligible for Flexi Permit?
- Expatriate employees with cancelled (terminated) work permits.
- Expatriate employees with expired work permits*.
- Expatriate employees who have not received their salaries and who have a case in the labor court.
* Without dependants.
How do I know whether I am eligible for a Flexi Permit?
- Visit the Labor Market Regulatory Authority (LMRA) website www.lmra.bh and use «Express Services» to check.
- Contact the Call Centre number on 17 103 103
- Send a text message containing only your ID (CPR) number to 33 150 150
How to apply for a Flexi Permit?
- Send a text message containing only your ID (CPR) number to 33 150 150 from your mobile.
- Or send an E-mail to: email@example.com
- Or you can apply via Call Centre 17 103 103
If you are qualified for a Flexi Permit, you will receive a text message from the LMRA confirming your eligibility to join.
When should I come to complete the permit issuance procedures?
- After confirming you are qualified for Flexi Permit via a text message, pay Flexi Permit Fees through one of Bahrain Financing Company (BFC) branches.
- You will be contacted on your mobile phone by the LMRA Call Centre 17 103 103 to confirm the date and time of your appointment and to complete getting the Blue Card procedures.
- Your transaction will done in one visit.
What should I bring with me when I visit the LMRA branch in Sitra?
- Your passport must be valid for at least six months (you do not need to have the passport at the time of application).
- Flexi Permit payment receipt from Bahrain Financing Company (BFC).
What will be done at the LMRA when I come?
- Your photo, signature and finger prints will be taken.
- You will receive your Blue Card.
- No need to visit NPRA, residence permit will be added automatically through the system
- An awareness movie about the Flexi Permit will be send to your mobile.
What are the Rules and Regulations of the Flexi Permit?
- You should pay your monthly fees to avoid your permit being cancelled.
- We advise you to have your Blue Card at all times.
- You should not violate the Laws and Regulations of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Do not work in (Restaurants, Hotels, and Salons) unless you are Hospitality Flexi Permit holder.
- No dependants are allowed under a Flexi Permit holder.
What are the Flexi Permit fees?
- The fees are according to the below schedule:
|Flexi Permit Fees (BD)||Health Care (BD)||Residence Extension for One Time* (BD)||Travel Ticket Insurance** (BD)||One -time Administrative fee||Total Fees(BD)|
|Issue for one year||250||72||15||90||5||432|
|Issue for two years||500||144||15||90||5||754|
|Renewal for one year||250||72||-||-||5||327|
|Renewal for two years||500||144||-||-||5||649|
- All amounts in Bahraini Dinars.
* One-time fees
* * One-time Refundable fees
- A monthly fee of (BD 30) to be paid at any branch of Bahrain Financing Company(BFC)
How and when should I pay the fees?
After receiving what qualify you for the Flexible Permit, pay the fees at an exclusive BFC branch.
- Your Passport must be valid for not less than six months.
- Your Mobile number is important.
- Make sure to amend your data with the Information and E-Government Authority.
- Do not use Middlemen or clearance agents, do not believe rumors and confirm all your information by contacting our Call Centre 17 103 103 to ensure your rights, document your business agreement with your employer.
- To ensure your rights, document your business agreement with your employer and make sure you get paid on frequent basis.
- For any disputes refer to the police or the concerned authorities or your Embassy.
- Respect the customs and traditions of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Where is the Sitra Industrial Expat Service Centre Located?
Last Update: Sunday 25 October 2020