What is the Flexi Permit?
A permit allowing you to live freely in the Kingdom of Bahrain and work in any non-specialized occupation without a sponsor for a renewable period of one or two years.
What are the advantages of a Flexi Permit?
- You can work on your own or with any employer on a contractual basis for any period you wish.
- You can work with more than one employer at the same time either full time or part time.
- It grants you the freedom to travel and return as long as your residence permit is valid.
- You will have a residency according to the period of the permit, plus a multiple travel visa.
What are the Flexi Permit types?
- Flexi Permit – This permit enables the holder to work in any non-specialized jobs and is not allowed to work in Restaurants, Salons and Hotels.
- Flexi Hospitality Permit – This permit enables the holder to work in any non-specialized jobs and is allowed to work in Restaurants, Salons and Hotels (Requires a special medical test).
Who is eligible for Flexi Permit?
- Expatriate employees with cancelled (terminated) work permits.
- Expatriate employees with expired work permits*.
- Expatriate employees who have not received their salaries and who have a case in the labor court.
* Without dependants.
How do I know whether I am eligible for a Flexi Permit?
- Visit the Labor Market Regulatory Authority (LMRA) website www.lmra.bh and use «Express Services» to check.
- Contact the Call Centre number on +973 17103103
- Send a text message containing only your ID (CPR) number to +973 33150150
How to apply for a Flexi Permit?
- Send a text message containing only your ID (CPR) number to +973 33150150 from your mobile.
- Or send an E-mail to: Apply for Flexi Work Permit (email@example.com)
- Or you can apply via Call Centre +973 17103103
If you are qualified for a Flexi Permit, you will receive a text message from the LMRA confirming your eligibility to join.
When should I come to complete the permit issuance procedures?
- After confirming you are qualified for Flexi Permit via a text message, pay Flexi Permit Fees through one of Bahrain Financing Company (BFC) branches.
- You will be contacted on your mobile phone by the LMRA Call Centre +973 17103103 to confirm the date and time of your appointment and to complete getting the Blue Card procedures.
- Your transaction will done in one visit.
What should I bring with me when I visit the LMRA branch in Sitra?
- Your passport must be valid for at least six months (you do not need to have the passport at the time of application).
- Flexi Permit payment receipt from Bahrain Financing Company (BFC).
What will be done at the LMRA when I come?
- Your photo, signature and finger prints will be taken.
- You will receive your Blue Card.
- No need to visit NPRA, residence permit will be added automatically through the system
- An awareness movie about the Flexi Permit will be send to your mobile.
What are the Rules and Regulations of the Flexi Permit?
- You should pay your monthly fees to avoid your permit being cancelled.
- We advise you to have your Blue Card at all times.
- You should not violate the Laws and Regulations of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Do not work in (Restaurants, Hotels, and Salons) unless you are Hospitality Flexi Permit holder.
- No dependants are allowed under a Flexi Permit holder.
What are the Flexi Permit fees?
- The fees are according to the below schedule:
|Flexi Permit Fees (BHD)||Health Care (BHD)||Residence Extension for One Time* (BHD)||Travel Ticket Insurance** (BHD)||One -time Administrative fee||Total Fees(BHD)|
|Issue for one year||250||72||15||90||5||432|
|Issue for two years||500||144||15||90||5||754|
|Renewal for one year||250||72||-||-||5||327|
|Renewal for two years||500||144||-||-||5||649|
- All amounts in Bahraini Dinars (BHD).
* One-time fees
* * One-time Refundable fees
- A monthly fee of (BHD 30) to be paid at any branch of Bahrain Financing Company(BFC)
How and when should I pay the fees?
After receiving what qualify you for the Flexible Permit, pay the fees at an exclusive BFC branch.
- Your Passport must be valid for not less than six months.
- Your Mobile number is important.
- Make sure to amend your data with the Information and E-Government Authority.
- Do not use Middlemen or clearance agents, do not believe rumors and confirm all your information by contacting our Call Centre +973 17103103 to ensure your rights, document your business agreement with your employer.
- To ensure your rights, document your business agreement with your employer and make sure you get paid on frequent basis.
- For any disputes refer to the police or the concerned authorities or your Embassy.
- Respect the customs and traditions of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Where is the Sitra Industrial Expat Service Centre Located?
Last Update: Tuesday 13 April 2021